Thursday, January 7, 2016

berlin quotidian architecture

Home in Berlin by SAL
To be honest, I do not know where this home exists in Berlin. If you know, please comment. On an architectural tour, I apparently snapped a shot of this detail in the home. I believe it was a common home that we likely walked past while on our 12-hour long day tours.



It appears as though this is a staircase, but where it leads other than to a balcony, I am not sure. I love, however, the way this red structure moves through and past the main framework of the building. This is an example of high design theory and practice.

I am not sure if the overhead door leads to the average living spaces in the home or whether it is simply just the garage door. Yet again, anytime we can open up the home in a way that is larger than a punched window, I am in favor of the design move. At any rate, I love this detail as much now as I did when I grasped its image several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment