Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my paint preference

Sometimes my opinions are edited out of an article... and understandably. I cannot solicit products specifically in my articles even if I think that everyone should have my same opinion.



In this article, I was asked to write about low-V.O.C. paints. A subject that many, many people talk about, yet few truly understand. My first point in the article is that V.O.C.s emitted from paint are not only harmful to the biological world and that specifically humans... but to the environmental air quality as well. So, if you think you can paint and then allow a two week full flush out, then you can use whatever paint you would like... V.O.C.s and all... you are wrong.

The South Coast Air Quality Management District (from Southern California) has done extensive research on the damage caused by V.O.C.s in paint. Contrary to its most common reputation, paints with V.O.C.s are actually more harmful to the environment than they are to the human species, babies included! http://www.aqmd.gov/

But, at the heart of my article is my desire to promote a paint product that, in my evaluation, is truly a superb product. Eco-Brilliant from Fine Paints of Europe. Not only was I directed to their paint product by a very successful painting contractor in New York City, but I was floored to hear the details about this paint.

Eco-Brilliant is a water-based alkyd paint. So, it has low V.O.C.s like other water-based latex paints, but it lasts as long as the infamous, old stinky oil-based paints. This paint is inspired by examples from the Netherlands, a country that founded the first wall painting products! I am convinced. Each can will cost you much more than you want to afford. But, if you can find a shade you love, and you paint your walls with Eco-Brilliant, you will not need to paint those same walls again for decades, literally!

Fine Paints of Europe
http://finepaintsofeurope.com/

Painting & Wallcovering Contractor (PWC Magazine) May/June 2009 issue
This article may be found at: http://www.paintstore.com/article.php?item=2710

No comments:

Post a Comment